St Chad’s Church
Our Church, St Chad’s, is an Anglican parish church which is situated in Over, Winsford. The Church is part of the Diocese of Chester.
The exact date of the building of St Chad’s church is unknown but was in existence in 1307 when the first priest, Thomas de Dutton was nominated by the Convent of St Mary in Chester. In 1543 Hugh Starkie of Oulton, a Gentleman Usher to King Henry VIII rebuilt St Chad’s Church. The church is a well-attended and active Anglican parish church and the buildings are Grade II.
We have strong ties with our Church, the vicar Rev Callum Boothroyd leads worship each week and is part of our Governing Body. Members of the church from St Chad’s support with children’s reading as well as running after-school clubs. We visit the Church for special services during the year and use the Church as inspiration for a wide variety of learning in RE, such as places of worship, Baptism and belonging, and pilgrimages.
Messy Church takes place in the church hall on a monthly basis. Families of all ages are welcome to join the activities at Messy Church and share food, stories, crafts and above all fun! The first Sunday of each month is Family Worship at 10 am.